We have an active patient participation group at our practice.
About our patient group
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
To help us with this, we have a Patient Participation Group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received.
The aims of the group shall be:
- To provide a forum for patients and practice staff to collaborate in planning new health services, developing existing services, and encouraging self-care and well-being.
- To work together to ensure the best possible provision of medical services to patients.
Membership will be free and open to all registered patients and to members of staff employed by the practice.
The committee shall consist of up to 12 patients, who shall where possible reflect the demographic and cultural profile of the practice. Members of the practice team shall have the right to attend meetings as deemed appropriate by the partners.
The committee shall elect annually from their members a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer who shall be the officers of the PPG. Election of officers shall take place at the April meeting each year. A quorum shall be 50% of the elected committee members.
Amendments to the constitution
Suggested amendments should be submitted to the secretary a minimum of two weeks prior to the next PPG meeting.
In the event of the PPG being wound up or otherwise becoming defunct, any funds remaining after any outstanding debts are cleared shall be passed to another group with similar objectives within the area.
- Regularly survey patients’ views and discuss the findings at PPG meetings with practice staff.
- Help implement decisions agreed between practice staff and the PPG.
- Encourage patients to take responsibility for their own healthcare and that of their family.
- Assist with the organization of information sessions on medical and related topics of interest to patients.
- Network with other PPGs and take part in training which might be beneficial to the group.
Join our PPG
We currently have a full Patient Participation Group but we are always looking for patients to join our Virtual PPG so if you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please fill out the form below.
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance